We will wrap this up tomorrow. A huge thank you goes out to Mr. Baron for planning and running this wonderful experiment. There was so much learning involved: scientific inquiry, problem solving, math, design, and team work. It was a pleasure to see the how students were constructing their understanding of force and resistance in this hands-on lesson. Oh yeah, and it was a lot of fun too!
Thanks to Mr. Baron for writing these captions.
- Ms. Hawkins
DS thought he could crush an egg with his hand...although I think he's trying some kind of hypnosis as well
The tools with which to make a mess (hopefully not!)
KP, SK and AD planning their drop
I think CM has an idea... an evil, evil idea.
T.T. and J.P., our most successful egg droppers thus far
Apparently they work better when they keep to themselves
Did it work?
Maybe......
Maybe.....
Scientific measurements: "It's two fingers tall!"
"What!? You wanna mess with my device!" No way GJ, I dont' want to mess with you at all. I'm plenty scared.
Redesigning
A pre-test test.
JC - "You wouldn't understand...it's pretty complex"
Did Einstein leave these plans behind?
"How could I make this better...maybe instead of protecting the egg my device will make me an omelette!"
"AP, believe me, there's a lot of money in this omelette thing!"
MR and PT are modest in the face of success
No, Mr. Baron is not dancing. He's dropping Thomas and Justin's device from TWO METERS.
Did it survive the gargantuan fall?
Maybe...
"It actually survived the fall!"
I forget exactly what TT was saying but it was something along the lines of "OH YEAH! doo doo dooooo duh duh duh duh DUUUUH in your FACE!!!!"
JC and AP's moment in the spotlight
More tests
Were QH and DS successful? YES. See the following: