Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bridges and Another Contest

Here are pictures from Mr. Baron's bridge building workshop in Science. Students will begin presenting their bridges tomorrow. Fantastic team work! I hope to film the presentations and upload to Blogger. "Oh Mr. Knieriiiiiiiiim..."

I found a really great site to learn more about bridges and forces. Go to http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/index.html and click on Labs to experiment with forces, materials, loads and shapes. You'll have fun learning. Isn't that the best way?

Contest Alert (hey Grace!)
Watch the video at the bottom of this post. If you can bring me the name of this very famous old city (that has many bridges), your name will be put in a hat and a lucky winner will win a prize. I know, I know. Old prizes from the last contest haven't been handed out yet. I'm shopping this weekend.
Ms. Hawkins
P.S. Orbital hail from the country this city is the capital of.
Duncan's funkmobile passes the road test.