Monday, March 1, 2010

Contest Winners - Floppy Discs With a Side Order of A-ha

Below you'll find the winners who correctly identified the mystery object on my weekend post as a diskette - or as I like to call it - a floppy disc. Here's what it looks like again.
Go to fullsize image
These discs were used to transport information from one computer to another. For example, when I wrote music reviews and interviews, I'd type it on my Stone Age Mac, copy the reviews onto a floppy disc and then take the floppy disc to Eye Weekly, where the editor would copy the reviews off the disc and onto his computer. The Internet was not being used to the same extent back in the nineties as it is today. Hard times...

Here are the lucky winners. Prizes coming your way by the end of the week. Nicolas will make sure of that!

Look out below for falling Grade 4 pictures. Don't be mad. Those were good days!


New kids below as seen this year.
The winner in the picture is the girl holding the pantyhose intestine.
Congrats to all our winners! Thanks for reading.
Oops. Jonathan was a lucky winner too. Your answer was crumpled up on a small piece of paper, but I found it.
Sorry - Ms. Hawkins

Here's the ultimate eighties song and video to go with our floppy disc theme. Watch it. It's kind of catchy and the video was really state of the art at the time.