Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You Must Read This

I choose to recommend the book Hockey’s Young Guns because all hockey lovers will like it. It has stars like Sidney Crosby featured in it. And if you like Ryan Dixon, then you will love it. It tells you how these players made it to the NHL. A person at TSN did the research and trust me people who love hockey will appreciate the facts in it.
By William

The book I recommend is the Hardy Boys Training For Trouble because it’s full of action and mystery. The Hardy Boys live in Bayport and they were invited to the grand opening of the training centre for the Olympics. While the Hardy Boy’s friend was training for fencing, he was electrified. Luckily the Hardy Boys solved the mystery of who was behind the electrical mystery. If you like mysteries and action, you should really pick up this book!
By Aahil


I recommend the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. This book is unlike all other books. Most chapter books don’t have pictures but this one does. The pictures are comic like and very funny. I like this book because it’s by one of my favorite authors. Even though it’s a big book it is worth it.
- By Megan

The book I am reading this week is the first book in the Captain Underpants series. The book is weird and kind of funny. In the first part Harold and George hypnotize Mr. Krupp and he turns into Captain Underpants. The funny part was when George and Harold and Captain Underpants wrote a note beside a pole which was beside the police station and the note said, “Please arrest me.” The weird part is that every time Mr. Krupp turns into Captain Underpants, there are super villains around the city. And every time they hypnotize him back to Mr. Krupp, there are no super villains. There is also a man in this book who wears a diaper and he’s just ridiculous. There are also two mighty robots and they follow the guy in the diaper who is trying to steal the gem. I think kids between grades three and five will enjoy this story. By Adjmal


HOLES
I chose the book Holes because it won an award, and the book teaches you things such as
if you had to you could live of onions.The author is famous for the book because it is a good story
and the book has a very good story. The book is about a boy named Stanley Yelnats, he was framed for stealing a baseball players shoes. He had to choose to go to jail or to camp Green lake.
He chose to go to camp green lake but he didn't know what he was getting into. By Tommy.


Kristy's Great Idea
I'm reccomending the book "Kristy's Great Idea." It is a book from a series of books called "The Baby-Sitters Club." Kristy's Great Idea is a book about a group of girls who start a baby-sitting club, but who knew that so many bad things could happen and a big lie from Stacey. The girls also get into a fight, and Kristy's mom is seeing someone since she is divorced. She's been seeing a guy named Watson. Watson has two kids, but Kristy doesent like Watson. He's always trying to impress her mom. If you like the sound of this book, go ahead and read it. (Don't forget to read the rest of the series)
Aaliyah Rm 204


Breadwinner
By: Deborah Ellis
The Breadwinner is about a girl in Afghanistan and her family during the war. A lot of bad events happen during the part of the book I read so far. It also teaches you about the Taliban and their rules on Afghanistan
I recommend this book because its very fun to read and very cultural.


Nathan Rm 204

The Book I Recommend is a thriller and a love story called Twilight.
This is a good book to read because once you start you can’t stop until you’re done. Also, the Twilight series was nominated and won the 2009 Nickelodeon Kids Choice awards. The book is about a girl named Bella Swan who falls in love with a vampire named Edward Cullen. When she goes to play baseball three other vampires hear them play and ask if they could play too. When one of the vampires, James smells Bella’s scent he asks if the Cullen family brought a snack. Edward gets angry and takes Bella home and James is out to capture her. Will Bella be able to escape?

by Fatima

Martin BidgeIn High Gear
Martin Bidge is my favorite book! I like it because is so interesting and funny. It tells me group work is a very important way to solve problems. Everyone in the group share the work hard. I put this on the blog, so that everyone could see it. I hope you will like it. By Bory

I wanted to share a book that I read recently by Kirk Scroggs called Night of the Living Eggnog. It was a very funny book and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this book for students in the third and fourth grades. It’s a story about Wiley and his grandparents and their adventure about a really old eggnog that they found in their refrigerator that wanted to take over the world. I won’t give away the ending – you’ll have to read it yourself. By the way, this is a series, so once you finish reading this one, there are others. By Grace